Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Chavathi



We celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi in a grand way ok not so grand but a nice way over here in San Jose. This is the first time I am celebrating it for the first time with my husband after our marriage. We woke up quite late on chavathi as we had attended a cousin's babyshower the previous night. But the moment I was up, I was all enthu about what all to do on that day ! Kind of was nostalgic thinking about how we celebrate it back home in India :) I quickly had my bath and did some small puja to lord ganesha by lighting the lamp and chanting some prayers.


Then I made some sweets. I made modak at home and offered to ganapati as naivaidya.
Then we went to the temple. This whole week is going to be grandly celebrated across the world in HIS remembrance and so yesterday too we visited a temple and had good amchigele temple food.

After a long time I visited a ganesha temple on tuesday and that too in US..!!!
All in all I had a wonderful time on that day :)

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi !

No comments: