Monday, September 11, 2006

KANK


Well, on this weekend we saw Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna(KANK). Hmm..I have lots of opinions to give over here. When I saw the movie I kind of squirmed under the feeling that do relationships have to go under such circumstances ?

Its shown that Shahrukh(married to Preity) and Rani(married to Abhishek) are unhappy in their individual marriages. Whatever be the reason it cannot be the reason to separate. It is a very bold movie.

I have mixed feelings about this movie honestly and till now I cannot tell whether I accept it or not. My strong Indian attitude tells me that it is wrong and if I keep an open mind I tell why not.

Honestly I feel that Preity's character is the rightmost amongst the four. She's strong, has a life of her own and yet still very much loves her husband and kid. The only thing which she missed was communicating this to her husband. This was triggered by her husband shahrukh uncompromising/non-understanding attitude and his own handicap. Abhishek is shown to be caring and loving, but again right from the beginning the basis for the relationship was wrong. Rani and Shahrukh;s characters are the most complex and they seem to have a problem with everything in life. The best would be for them to attend positive attitude classes :)

No wonder they say that one needs to rekindle romance in life every time, whether it is a 1 month old relationship, 1 year old or 10 year old or every moment for that matter !

Gosh looks like a tough job specially when one of the two in the couple is hard to handle or manage. But it is not impossible. Never say die should be the attitude in life.

All in all I liked the songs, thats all :)

I found an interesting review on the same:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449999/

No comments: