Monday, October 09, 2006

Birthday Party Time !

A long awaited party becomes successful.

It was my husband's birthday yesterday and I had planned a surprise party for him.
Had invited over friends to our place with strict instructions that no one is going to call him up or talk to him about his birthday !

On saturday that is a day before his birthday, he went out for some shopping and I pretended am not feeling well so that I wont need to go with him..he was kinda getting bored i guess to go alone..then he went over to his friends place..to help him out in something...again this was in plan to delay him from getting home.

Meanwhile operation surprise party was taking shape..I was preparing lots of yummy food..let me self appraise myself a bit here..hehe..

Then friends came over at around 7 pm and decorated our house...and then we waited with baited breath when my husband would come over...we switched off the lights...and when he came inside we all jumped on him...surprise...!!! Voila what a moment it was...I had never done this and it turned out so well...:))

I am so happy I could do this for him...and seeing his smiles made me so happy ! Touche :)

Then it was all in the moment...we had a very good time with friends and as new friends kept pouring into the party it became more fun..

Let me spell out the dishes that I managed to doll out..that day ..
Chicken Curry, Beans Upkari, Caulifower Capsicum Upkari, Saar Upkari, Bhara Baigan, Raita, Pulav, Daalitoy, Gulab Jamun for dessert.

After food, everyone got a bit drowsy..:) So R made lovely tea for everyone and then we played Dumbcharades...and it turned out more fun..but I was so sleepy...then it was time ...the clock struck 12...

and whoa...the tiramisu cake was out....with 3 candles ..marking 30..and he cut the cake...everyone wanted me to splurge some cake on his face and I did but I got some on myself from him in return...guess he got excited..

Then we had a treat...and the evening ended so beautiful..now am feeling one of those feelings when you dont want something beautiful to end...hehe..

But thats what gives you the motivation to go on and try something new and challenging and exciting..:))

Happy living..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Appi,

I liked your two liners:)

appy who is usually happy;
but sad coz she missed the party!

Appi you just not the missed the fun but you missed all the good fooood.

Jamoon, chicken curry, vegetable upkari, beans upkari what not.

also Shahi missed the truck load of bears.
RK