Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yosemite Trip

Wow...I can hardly believe that we made it to yosemite...R was away on a business trip to Wichita...so I was busy doing something like this.


R comes home late friday and I have an upcoming release for which i had been working for the past one month...so I work till late ensuring everything goes smoothly and it does! So next morning on saturday we decide to go to Yosemite impromptu..just like that...wow...vrooom ..we went...at 11.30..
Stopped over for a quick bite and reached the park at 3.30 pm.
First we went to Bridal Veil falls ..just at 5 mts walk..but the view was great...a fresh waterfall in that summer heat was so welcome..and I felt so much happier just by being near it..:)

Dont know much about this fall but it was beautiful..small but good.

Next we went to Vernal falls..it was a good 3 mile hike one way..and my oh my was I tired...hehe..dont ask such a dumb question..well of course yes..I was and R was pushing me inch by inch at some point of time thinking I might trip over the edge..hehe..but no..I was fine..only thing was while climbing I wanted to stop often so as to catch my breath and not get too tired..

But the hike was worth what I saw at the top of it...Vernal falls..!!
Amazing breathtaking scenary...just mindblowing...its supposed to be the widest falls in yosemite..and yosemite the highest in US..can u believe that..?


When we were climbing up..and nearing the waterfall..and people coming down in the opposite direction as us...one of the men was wearing a plastic raincoat..and he asked me if I wanted then I can have it..and there you go me in a yellow..rainshield..hehe...well.. shield or no shield I would have either ways enjoyed it..and i did...as you can see from the picture..it was such a beautiful time of the year and so beautiful..A thing of beauty is a joy forever...!!!

The climb down was that of 5 mts...!!! can u imagine we had spent around 3 hrs to climb up and to come down only in 10 mts or so..we simply ran down...and happily jumping down like small kids..hehe..

Had a full buffet meal after all that exercise..and returned home satisfied and peaceful...by the way this day 9th June marked a year of mine having come to US for R...!!!

No comments: